Thursday, May 13, 2010

Duty to the masses

If you are going to do a blog, for heaven's sakes, do one.

It is incumbent on those who write these things to regularly perform those blogger responsibilities which keep the masses entertained. I believe that. Really, I do.

I just have trouble, well, doing it.

It's like a lot of other goals a lot of us have every day, but life gets in the way of accomplishing - like getting some exercise, or filing those papers, or washing the dog.

If I had a dog, I guess he'd smell pretty bad.

I am amazed this blog does not die of loneliness. I like doing it, but life indeed does get in the way of proper care and feeding of blogs.

When I was writing columns, I sometimes would have to fit a lot of small subjects into one column. I feel one of those times coming on.

So, let's rapid fire a little ...

- God Bless my lovely Mother, who prepared desserts for "a few folks" who came over for Mother's Day - "nine or ten," she said. Relatively, she is right on the money, since 40 to 60 relatives can make it for any given holiday - nine or ten is child's play. I caught the irony of my Mom having to cook to celebrate her special day. But to be honest, I wish I was one of the "Few folks." Especially if she made that pound cake. Yum.

- Erin Andrews is a lovely lady and a talented dancer, as she proves weekly on "Dancing With The Stars." And in no way am I condoning what the filthy slimeball who took naked pictures of her did - he is in prison where he belongs. But I can appreciate the irony of millions of people scanning the web for uploads of those photos of her, and her screaming about her privacy (and rightly so) and then accepting a role on a show in which she dances each week in skimpy, barely-there costumes.

More later ...

1 comment:

  1. cause I'm one of those bloggers who does not feed her blog as often as I should and also one of those bloggers that like blog comments, i decided I should leave you one too.

    the gathering at grandmas must have been small because I had no idea about it... sad day that I am that far away. I did see most of them the day before at Chrisy's in Pensacola.

    ReplyDelete